Looking for traditional resume template? In today’s tough job market, sometimes it is good to stick with the basics, which is why some job seekers still opt to use a traditional CV format for their application.
Traditional Resume Template Free: Formatting Tips
- Header containing your name, home address, phone number and email address
- Objective section will include your career goals and future plans *Optional section
- Education section must include the name of the schools where you have studied, degree earned, subject majors and GPA, in the reverse chronological format.
- Related coursework, samples are “Economics Accounting, Managerial Accounting”
- Computer skills include proficiency information on MS Office, PowerPoint, etc.
- Work experience or relevant work history should list the job experiences you had in the reverse chronological order, meaning the most recent to the least; should include the name of each company, your position, dates of employment and accomplishment, not job duties
- Skills relevant to the application
- Additional details
Traditional Resume Format: What to Remember
Before writing, you should know what company to which the application will be sent. This is in order to tailor your CV or resume based on the requirements or qualifications as stated in the job posting. Therefore, you need to read and understand the advertisement before you could write an application, one of the tips on how to the best resume.
Use industry buzzwords and keywords in order to show your familiarity of the job and you have the professional skills to become effective for the requirements of the employer. Remember, you should also not stuff your resume with keywords just to impress its readers. You should make your application as concise as possible. Be straightforward and simple in presenting information. Avoid any unnecessary wording in your paper.
When it comes to the layout, you can make use of the traditional one-column layout. However, you should also bear in mind the organization of your resume and see to it that there are sections that split the content into their categories. For your name, you can make use of a slightly larger font size to make your name stand out than the rest of the text in the paper.
For the margins, see to it that there is one inch allotted for each side of the resume. The paper to use is A4 and the color is black and white when printed, one of the characteristics of a traditional resume format. While you may want to experiment and try other designs but keep its look traditional as you see in the best format for resume, you should remember not to overwhelm your paper with design elements. The focus should still be on the content and not on the design.
If you are one of them and you want to learn how to do resume, check out the following things to remember its components as well as tips for writing, what is updated resume format and don’t forget to use only the best resume samples, for instance, best infographic resume.
Do not submit your paper without checking it for grammar and spelling mistakes. You may want to read and edit a couple of times, until you are certain that it is perfect and free from any annoying mistakes.